Risk Manager FRM
Within Group Risk the department Financial Risk Management (FRM) is responsible for developing and maintaining the global framework for measuring and managing financial risks in the company. The FRM department provides financial subject matter expertise to the CFO and CRO for financial risk focused items through review of methodologies, initiatives and results across all accounting paradigms [for example, review of hedge reporting approaches and results]. Next to that the department supports local business in implementing this framework and provides expertise where needed. The department also monitors the financial risk exposures of the group and compliance with group specific portions of financial risk policies. The department works with the Reporting team on receiving appropriate reporting regarding financial risk for use for the Global Risk & Capital Committee, Management Board and Supervisory Board.
The Financial Risk management department of our client, seeks a Risk Manager to support the Risk Officer and Senior Risk Manager in the control of the group financial risks and support of the different business units with financial risk management.
The responsibilities will involve
- Support the maintenance of the group wide financial risk policies, global standards for ALM and investment mandate setting
- Support the methodology for financial risk measurement
- Liaise with the different business units and identify best practices in financial risk management on selected topics
- Support local business units in analyzing financial risks in asset and product portfolio
- Participate in model validations of financial risk models across the company
- Contribute to international project teams on FRM related topics
- Act as first line of expertise to local risk management departments on FRM related topics
Knowledge, experience and skills
Qualified candidates should have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
Qualifications must include
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and relationship management skills
- Technically strong in quantitative risk management
- Knowledge of asset, derivatives and life insurance products
- Good modelling and programming skills
- fluency in English (both written and oral)
Our clients official corporate language is English.