The Holding Accounting & Control team is responsible for accounting and control of IFRS (actual and forecast), Solvency II and internal economic framework data for the holding companies. Besides preparing the parent only version of the annual report of our client, the team is responsible for preparing the statutory accounts of approximately 40 holding companies. The activities comprise both regular reporting cycles (quarterly figures, annual report, budget, forecast) as well as ad-hoc activities and projects. Activities are very closely aligned with other disciplines within the Corporate Financial Centre such as Group Treasury, Group Actuarial and Group Tax. For the holding companies managed abroad, ongoing communication and alignment with local financial departments is essential.
- Management control of Group Treasury, reporting and analysis of our clients treasury for the actual, budget and forecast reporting cycles;
- Coordination of the quarterly closing process with Group Treasury and Corporate Expense Control;
- Reporting and monitoring of Liquidity and Capital Position of holding companies for capital reporting and forecasting;
- Participation in (complex) financial projects;
- Financial reporting and analysis of financial statements of holding companies on different reporting metrics (IFRS, Solvency II, internal economic framework);
- Maintaining sub-processes in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements;
- Ensuring that new accounting standards are implemented on a timely and consistent basis.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Chartered Accountant or Controller (RA/RC);
- Master’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent;
- Affinity with financial instruments and treasury process is a prerequisite;
- Treasury accounting knowledge is a prerequisite;
- Experience with consolidation techniques;
- IFRS knowledge;
- Solvency II knowledge is a prerequisite;
- Attention to detail yet flexible;
- Persuasive and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter, autonomous, and hands-on;
- Fluency in Dutch and English (both written and oral) and excellent communications skills overall;
- Microsoft Office advanced skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Full Time